In this time of pandemic, it is the survival of the fittest. So, in these days people are becoming more resourceful and a perfect example would be Real Estate Investors.
One of the things that has been held back are “OPEN HOUSES”. These Open houses help buyers picture themselves living in the property, which is beneficial to the seller making it easier to sell them properties. But the great question here is “HOW”. How can we still continue doing open houses? The answer is SOCIAL MEDIA.
Social media has not only millions but billions of users all over the world. That is why it one of the most effective advertising tools. According to Statista, during a March 2020 survey of social media users in the United States, 43.1 percent of respondents stated that if confined to their homes during the coronavirus, they would use Instagram more during that period. YouTube and Facebook were also popular social platforms that users were estimating to increase their usage during physical distancing at home. You can go ahead and take your Open House to the next level but if you prefer interaction, we do have the opportunity to use the live options of social media platforms giving you real time reactions from your prospects and have a wider market with the amazing share option.
There are still some who would prefer visiting the actual site or property and precautionary measures and compliance with CDC must be done. In such, here are a few things to remember when showing and visiting properties.
- Use disinfectants on frequently used surfaces. (e.g.: doorknobs, faucets, handles, etc.)
- Utilize bleach when cleaning floors and bathrooms.
- Comply with CDC Guidelines:
- No more than 10 people in the home at a time.
- A required 6 feet of distance between guests
- Use of hand sanitizer upon entering the home
- The use of protective equipment, such as booties, gloves or masks
- It may be wise to take even more precautions, like asking visitors if they currently feel sick and if they’ve traveled out of state recently.
- Keep a list of people included in the visitation for future reference which may be needed in case of contact tracing.
- Switch on the lights and appliances and open the doors available in the property to avoid physical contact with the goods.
- After completing the house tour make sure to sanitize and disinfect. (e.g.: doorknobs, faucets, handles, etc.)
- Make sure to asses yourself and check if you have symptoms.
- Always practice using disinfectants (e.g. alcohol, wipes, sanitizers, etc.) and protective gears. (e.g. booties, gloves, masks, etc.)
- Avoid making physical contact not only with co-invitees but also items in the property.
- Keep 6-feet distance from co-invitees.
While it can be intimidating to purchase a property sight unseen, going into a person’s home or allowing people into yours is a big risk at this time. Remember, your health is your wealth. Why jeopardize your safety when you can opt in to virtual open house? Save your extra time from your preparation and stay at your comfortable spot at home. Just remember: Call. Sell. Easy. That’s Possible with Olive Branch Property. Solving Estate problems with Real solutions.